Walt Disney received this special Oscar for Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs in 1939.
The statue originally had the placard wrapping around the left side but Walt decided to have it changed to what we see today. The placard was removed, new holes were drilled, and then the whole thing was shifted. This way, people (Including Walt himself) could easily read the inscription while the Oscar was on display.
The original holes were never filled and they can still be seen rather easily as the statue sits in a large glass case with many other awards, at the Walt Disney Family Museum in San Francisco.